Alma Novaes




Platonic


It was love before pain

and deserted at the sound of thy grievances,

you blasphemed me in the sight of God.

- Distance doesn't kill, it makes you grow!

As if that's the exponential truth!

We were left with the subsequent evasions of pain,

We both remember them bitterly.

The flight was not disinterestedness 

or denial of war, but on the contrary, 

a faithful testimony of

that any approach to the enemy hurt.


To run away from you 

was to tell you that you 

were capable of beating me.

And they whispered between 

the flannel sheets:

- Love is not a war of antagonisms,

of titans, but of sacrifices.

There are no winners in it.

Nor vanquished.


So when I hear it said 

that women and philosophy are equal,

That respond to platonic love

with an Aristotelian hatred, 

I believe my exile is justified

away from hand-to-hand battles (...)


You see, my dear enemy, 

you alone cannot understand it. 

Still.

From the grudges there remained 

a seed that I try to forget, 

without firearms.




Comentários

Mensagens populares