The Past of the Happy Gravedigger Who Fell Asleep in Humus



Jealous of the angels, Jenn Bostic



"He put on his coat and didn't let himself be defeated. That land had always been saddened, and those dysfunctional families, upside down with their children and with the future, had always caused him a mixture of curiosity and impetus to change realities. A sudden burst of tiles that broke without replacement and the constant contempt of those who did not understand that this departure of structures was a crying cry for help. That no one would hear. Or, if he did, it would be said that they were afraid to come to the aid and not even approach. There was no sense of change. The unhealthy permanence in humiliation and other less human adjectives was the constant. The subjects felt comfortable with language and abject. Comfort had taken them all, perhaps even before the Ramirez and Mynn had bought that piece of land, next to the railroad abandoned. There, only nature renewed itself and brought impetus of joy, especially to them, in particular, those who tried to cling to the remnants of humanity. Before leaving again, he decided to approach Alfred. He was tall, had a thin moustache and small eyes that hid in his eyelids. His voice was strong and calm. I cleared my throat at the outline of my own words, as if I had been stricken with a failure, a temporary cowardice, and I believed that Alfred could read me in his facial expression. I did not give up, I only took a step back to compose myself, and I returned again to the effort of my pretensions:- You know, Mr. Mynn, i believe that the winter will be as harsh as this one? You see, I'm leaving, once again, and every time I return to collect the letters and the other demands, I always find this or that one who tells me about the advances of the sea and the continuing political disinterest in doing something that motivates the struggle of the residents. 

Alfred looked at me with intensity, never stopping his activity of protecting the mallets of fine wood, twigs and other pieces of wood that he struck all day, on days of idleness to coalesce with a dry rope twine and throw them to the back of the agricultural tractor. "You know, sir. Melchior, in my life I have seen many winters, many, not only here, but in the lands where I have lived before, and I have never seen winters more beautiful than those that man cannot master. And maybe that's what keeps me here. I like winter and the effects of winter on us.  It brings me peace and resilience. Don't you like it? I deduce that in Victoria everything is calmer and more appeased by the population gathering. Gisborne may be proof of that!  Mr. Melchior Ramirez nodded."





 

Comentários

Mensagens populares