Al Qabri Ramos

Patterns of Sorrow by Misha Gordin



 I know the pain without a flag and the healing without a banner



I don't know how to write poems about war, 
nor defend anyone with bladed weapons, 
I don't even know about the weight of 
the soldiers' boots, when they settle 
between sweat and fatigue in the ditches, 
to question themselves as to why a name 
and a homeland. 
That in warlike motives there is no art.
But I know the dry cry of nightmares 
that are not fulfilled in the glottis, of the fear 
of men in the countries where the 
slaughter has taken place in the square.
I know of the care, anguish and misery 
of mothers when their children suffer 
from hunger and drink unrhyming misery, 
made at the expense of so much affluence 
of others (what others are we in a concrete rhyme), 
or the substances that waltz appetizing neons 
and prostituted boys on the streets of Aldoar, 
when the raid van interrupts their frugal ride.
I don't even dare to interrupt the bulimia 
of some because of the rhythm of the world, 
nor do I know about the brands of refrigerators 
that turn into empty forklift bins, filling empty ones, 
in the emptiness of every bulimic, 
nor about the lack of courage in assuming 
repeated mistakes, but I know, on the other hand, 
that tomorrow the sky will have limits 
for those who have the alarm clock 
At 6 a.m., when the day has 24 hours and 
man wants to inhabit more planets, and 
that the rivers are polluted and our souls, 
apparently not either, I know that the open wounds 
will have betadine and serum and I also know that 
you cry and that I cry for all the "six" and "not-six" 
of humanity.
I don't know how to write poems about love, 
but I do know that it exists, somewhere between 
consciousness and sleep.

Comentários

Mensagens populares