Al Qabri Ramos

 

photo from web


Medals of Demerit


I know the pain without a flag 

and the healing without a banner

I don't know how to write poems 

about war, nor defend anyone 

with bladed weapons,

I don't even know the weight of 

soldiers' boots, when they settle between 

sweat and fatiguein the ditches, 

to question themselves as to 

why a name and a homeland.

That in warlike motives there is no art.

But I know the dry cry of nightmares 

that is fulfilled in the glottis, 

of the fear of men 

in the countries where the slaughter 

took place in the square.

I know the care, the anguish 

and the misfortune of mothers

when their children suffer from hunger 

and drink misery without rhyme, 

made at the expense of

so much affluence from others

(what others are we in a concrete disarray),

or the substances that waltz neons appetizing

and prostituted boys in the streets of Aldoar, 

when the raid van interrupts their

frugal wandering.

I don't even dare to interrupt the bulimia 

of some at the pace of the world, 

nor do I know about the brands 

of refrigerators that turn into forklift bins

voids, filling voids, 

in the emptiness of every bulimic,

nor the lack of courage in 

accepting repeated mistakes

But I know, on the other hand, 

that tomorrow the sky will have limits

For those who have the alarm clock for 6 a.m.

that the day has 24 hours 

and man wants to inhabit more planets,

and that the rivers are defiled, and our souls,

apparently not either,

I know that the open wounds 

will have betadine and serum

And I also know that you cry 

and that I cry for all the "six"

and "not-sixes" of humanity.

I don't know how to write poems about love

But I know that it exists 

somewhere between consciousness 

and sleep  and deep inside

we know there are no poles for such a flag


Comentários

Mensagens populares